UPDATE: How Is COVID-19 Affecting Kids In Our Program?
We are grateful for all the messages and calls we have received this week and would like to update you on a few critical things that impact our program and, more importantly, area students, during the coronavirus challenges.
1. Backpack Friends' shelves and bins are adequately stocked to continue our scheduled deliveries over the next three weeks. Our volunteers have been packing, prepping, purchasing, and storing menu items so that we can continue delivering food to our kiddos uninterrupted.
2. We're confident that our services will be uninterrupted and we will be able to continue our service to children in local areas.
3. We are committed to our kids and will confidently follow the lead of each district we serve. For campuses that resume class after their scheduled spring break, we will resume as normal. For those that will have an extended break or a closed campus, we stand ready to assist however we can... whether leveraging our resources to help fill the gap, or by rallying volunteers to serve in other ways. Our kids deserve our best, and we're ready to do our part.
4. What can you do? Obviously, the COVID-19 response plan is still developing, but any money donated will help significantly during this time. You can help out any time at www.backpackfriends.com/donate.
5. Be sure and monitor updates across our social media, emails, and website. As things develop, we will continue to keep you updated on our strategies, plans, and mobilization needs to help care for those around us.
6. If you have any questions or know of someone who may need assistance during this time, please email email@example.com.
We are stronger together. And I'm confident that we'll grow even stronger in the days ahead. Thank you for being a hero to these kids... especially now.